Chilipeppers never ending one ton TJ build

Show us what you got going, or what you are pimpin.
700 posts • Page 1 of 701, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70

Chilipeppers never ending one ton TJ build

Postby Chilipepper » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 pm

So you all saw what I did have up for sale, and no one bought it so I'm piecing together everything slowly. I sold my 39.5's to buy a set of 37" MTR's that I can put under the heep in the meantime, and then use till they are worn out when i put 60/14 under it.
I sold my old AX-15 last weekend and picked up a CUCV 14 bolt with a detroit and 4.56's already in it.
On the to aquire still list:
HP60 ARB and gears
inner alloys
Crane chromo outer knuckle kit w/ high steer arms
some kind of super ujoint
cheap 8 on 6.5 wheels
coil overs
link material (1/4 wall minimum)
brackets (I'm impressed with BTF's stuff)
Atlas 2.... (a long ways down the road)

That being said, once i run out of stuff to sell so i can pay for new stuff, (which is right about ..... now) its gonna be a game of whoring myself, doing side jobs at the shop, trying to day trade the stock market, and hoping to win the lotto, to pay for parts.

To help save a little i'm thinking about running 4.56's in the front. I'm gonna be on the 37's for a little bit so I don't the gears would be to high for the time being. But i'm also thinking i'd be regearing both front and rear shortly after that anyway so I'm undecided on that still.
Its sitting in the garage, on jack stands, waiting.
Chilipepper
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Re:Chilipeppers never ending one ton TJ build

Postby Balloonknot » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:41 pm

So you gonna be running that 14 bolt soon? I ask because I could use some spare rear 44 shafts and thought you had some Spares.
"Nobody would shoot a gay bear"
Balloonknot
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Postby Chilipepper » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:26 am

I'd love to have the 14 bolt and the hp 60 in this summer but it all depends on cash flow. If that happens and you still need them, theyre yours.
Chilipepper
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Trevor, you don't need spares because you're gonna be running my axles. :burnout:
Mike
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Postby Chilipepper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:46 am

I got the 37's mounted up and put on Friday. For just daily driving its fine, but I can tell as soon as it articulates its gonna rub this that and the other. So i got it home and its sitting in the garage awaiting the next modification. I'm thinking of highlining the hood. If I do, I'm considering retaining the factory fenders and flairs. We'll see how that looks and works out before/if I decide to flat/tube fender it. For the rear I'm going to look into removing the flair and cutting/moving the wheel well back like the
White Cracker build on Pirate. I also need to rebuild my front links. The right lower is bent, and i'd like to do the radius style arms (like RE and TNT). I may end up just reusing my rear links, and just build a cross member to move their mounting points back when I stretch it out. Any ideas and thoughts about all of this are welcome. Please keep it about the build, and don't hijack my thread to talk about stupid shit.
Chilipepper
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Postby dapozer » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:08 am

Careful of the highline hood thing, You will be removing space that holds all kind of stuff in the tj, so much stuff bolts to the fender wells that when you do the highline you will have to relocate and move this stuff, it can be done but kinda a pain. Just don't want you to over look that. also remember clearance of battery. I have seen some high line hoods that put battery posts very close to the top of the hood, a small roll or flex of the hood and call the tj bye.
dapozer
Old Skool Zombie
Old Skool Zombie

Postby Chilipepper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:20 am

dapozer wrote:
Careful of the highline hood thing, You will be removing space that holds all kind of stuff in the tj, so much stuff bolts to the fender wells that when you do the highline you will have to relocate and move this stuff, it can be done but kinda a pain. Just don't want you to over look that. also remember clearance of battery. I have seen some high line hoods that put battery posts very close to the top of the hood, a small roll or flex of the hood and call the tj bye.

So is there a way to leave the inner fender alone, and just move the outer fender up?
Chilipepper
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Postby Balloonknot » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:03 am

I was just reading this post on Co4x4 and the argument was that most kits only move the outer and not the inner leaving the inner a clearence issue. On the other hand, moving inner sounds like a PITA.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthre ... ghline+kit

I used to think the highline thing was really cool but it just sounds like too much work. I'd look for other options if it was me. I've thought about running 37's and since I'm a 4" now with 35"s I'd probably just get some 6" springs and go that route, still shorter than it could be.
"Nobody would shoot a gay bear"
Balloonknot
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Postby Chilipepper » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:54 am

I'm not afraid of work. I just want my suspension to still have enough uptravel for my liking.
Chilipepper
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Postby YeeP » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:22 pm

4 inches uptravel is all you need. Drop that bitch and take those fenders off or you are not a man!

Free engine cooling system!
YeeP
Rock Zombie Outlaw
Rock Zombie Outlaw

Next

700 posts • Page 1 of 701, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 70

Return to Builds/Rides